Tomorrow's biggest stories in tech and business begin in Paris at VivaTech.
From 14 to 17 June 2023, Alstom, world leader in sustainable and smart mobility, will be taking part for the first time in Viva Technology, Europe's leading event dedicated to tech and startups.
9 June 2023 - As part of the Viva Technology trade fair, Alstom, world leader in sustainable and intelligent mobility, will be demonstrating to the general public that rail is the smart choice from a societal, governmental, economic and environmental viewpoint. Alstom offers a range of innovative and sustainable mobility solutions wherever they are needed in the world.
Against a backdrop of ecological transition and growing mobility needs driven by accelerating urbanisation, the rail sector is increasingly dynamic. With a 2% share of total transport emissions, rail is by far the most efficient and cleanest mode of transport in the world, whether for high-speed journeys across the country or short urban journeys. Choosing trains is therefore an act of good citizenship, and digital technology is a major lever for accelerating the transformation of the rail industry for the benefit of its customers, partners and passengers.
Innovation is the key to reducing our environmental impact and with the solutions developed by Alstom, to achieving carbon neutrality by 2035. At the heart of Alstom’s DNA, innovation creates value and illustrates Alstom’s leading position in the industry. Alstom also encourages open innovation by partnering with a large number of universities, research centres, startups and other stakeholders to strengthen its innovation capabilities, in line with Alstom's long-term strategy.
Rail is innovative and smart.
• Offers sustainable mobility solutions and meets mobility needs while supporting Alstom's customers in their digital transition,
• Encourages passengers to choose trains as their first mode of transport and makes the passenger experience more comfortable, secure, connected in real time, inclusive, reliable and healthier on board,
• Creates an innovative eco-system of start-up partners,
• Optimises efficiency for operators, in particular through intelligent maintenance, cybersecurity and optimised total cost of ownership,
• Attracts new talent with tech profiles who want to give meaning to their careers, and take part in the transformation of tomorrow's mobility,
• Encourages greater integration with other modes of transport: multimodal traffic supervision and orchestration systems based on AI and solutions for the first and last mile.
“In a world undergoing profound change, Alstom is focused on future-proofing rail’s ability to move people and goods more efficiently than any other mode. With digitalisation a key enabler, Viva Technology is a fantastic opportunity to share the work Alstom has been carrying out in the tech ecosystem. We will share our many innovative solutions for seamless, reliable, sustainable, and inclusive mobility,” said Henri Poupart-Lafarge, Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer of Alstom.
See you at Viva Technology!
With a 154 square metre booth, there will be a forum dedicated to the startups that make up the Alstom ecosystem, as well as a recruitment area dedicated to implementing Alstom's ambitious policy for recruiting new talent.
Artificial intelligence (AI), cybersecurity, autonomous mobility, tech and digital professions in the railway sector will all be discussed at the Alstom booth, where visitors will be able to exchange ideas and debate on the mobility of tomorrow:
• Artificial Intelligence: Alstom will demonstrate how AI and robots monitor "train health" to improve the reliability and availability of rail services. A "robot dog" dedicated to predictive maintenance and optimising operations for a safe and reliable rail system.
• Cybersecurity: through a dedicated exhibition Alstom will offer a unique immersive experience to identify and mitigate cyber risks and vulnerabilities on a virtual railway.
• Driving simulator: a unique opportunity to experience driving an Alstom train in Paris.
During the event, Alstom experts will be hosting mini-conferences on the Alstom booth on a variety of topics including artificial intelligence, sustainable mobility, cybersecurity and open innovation.
As part of the show, some of Alstom's experts will present their vision of the mobility of the future and take part in discussions and interviews such as:
"Mobility Matters - how to make cities cleaner and greener".
Round table with Cécile Texier, Vice President Sustainable Development and CSR at Alstom
- Stade 2 (Paris Expo Porte de Versailles, Hall 1)
- Wednesday 14 June at 11.30am-12.15pm
“Innovation” with Stéphane Feray-Beaumont, Vice President Innovation & Smart Mobility
- Interview on the Viva Technology news channel
- Thursday 15 June at 11.45am
To find out more: https://www.alstom.com/alstom-vivatechnology-2023