WEB APP VIVA TECHNOLOGY 2021 - General Conditions of Use
These General Conditions of Use (hereinafter, "T & Cs") define the conditions of access and use of the Viva Technology Platform (hereinafter the "Platform"), operated by the company MSL France, société anonyme whose registered office is 30-34 rue du Chemin Vert 75011 PARIS (RCS Paris 347 895 096) and the company Les Echos Solutions SAS whose registered office is 10, boulevard de Grenelle - 75015 PARIS (RCS Paris 408 165 157), organizers of Viva Technology , (hereinafter, " Viva Technology "). The Platform is accessible from the website https://app.vivatechnology.com and allows users to access the services described in article 3. The T & Cs express the entire agreement of the parties and cancel and replace any prior agreement, letter, offer or other written or oral document having the same purpose.
- Acceptance and modification of these "T & Cs".
Any use of the Platform implies the user's full and complete adherence to these T & Cs in force on the day of access to the Platform and obliges him to comply strictly with them.
The T & Cs are enforceable against the user who acknowledges, by checking the box provided for this purpose, to have read and accepted them before registering on the Platform . Any membership subject to reservation is considered null and void. The user who does not agree to be bound by the T & Cs must not access the Platform.
VIVA TECHNOLOGY reserves the right to modify the terms of these " T & Cs" at any time . The user will be informed of these modifications by any useful means, at least fifteen (15) days before their entry into force. The User who does not accept the modified T & Cs must unsubscribe from the Platform by sending an e-mail to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Any use of the functionalities after modification of the "T & Cs" implies tacit acceptance by the user of the new "T & Cs".
- Conditions of access to the Platform
Access to the Platform is open to any natural or legal person having registered for the 2021 edition of VivaTech (“Participating User” or “User”) and having received an invitation sent by Viva Technology containing a link to the site https://app.vivatechnology.com.
The Platform offers several functionalities specified in article 3.
Access in " logged in" mode is open to Participating Users of the Viva Technology event taking place from June 16 to 19, 2021 at Paris Expo, Porte de Versailles, 75015 Paris. By Participating User, we mean any natural or legal person who has purchased a Viva Technology pass, whatever it is (details of the various passes on sale are available in the T & Cs - https://vivatechnology.com/b2b-passes-terms -conditions /) .
To create an account, the Participating User must enter, in the field provided for this purpose, the email address with which he registered for the 2021 edition of VivaTech and define a password (8 characters minimum, including at least 1 uppercase, 1 digit and 1 special character ).
If his email address is recognized as being linked to a validated registration for the 2021 edition, the Participating User can log on to the Platform to access the home page, the pages of partners, startups, innovations, solutions, agenda, messaging, conferences broadcast live and replay and networking services.
If his email address is not recognized, the User will not be able to connect to the Platform.
Only one Account can be created by the User. A User is considered to be the person whose personal information corresponds to that provided during the validated registration for the 2021 edition of the Event, to the exclusion of any other third party. The User therefore undertakes to use the Platform personally and to bear full responsibility for any use that will be made of his account.
The Participating User undertakes to keep his password and username strictly confidential and not to disclose them for any reason and in any form whatsoever. Any use of the Platform with his email address and password will be done under his sole and entire responsibility. In the event of loss or theft, or more generally, of misappropriation of his identifiers by a third party, the Participating User undertakes to notify Viva Technology, without delay, by dedicated email email@example.com. Viva Technology reserves the right in the event of suspicious and / or fraudulent behavior to modify the identifiers by informing the Participating User of the operation.
- Description of the services available on the Platform
3.1 The Platform allows Participating Users to access the following services:
- Description and progress of the 2021 edition of VivaTech
- List and profile of speakers and partners of the VivaTech 2021 event
- 4-day program of Viva Technology (sessions, leader insights, startup pitches, workshops, tech shows, solutions and innovations in Viva Technology conference rooms, and on the stands of its partners, and online);
- List of side events for Viva Technology and its partners during Viva Technology week;
- Interactive map of Viva Technology;
- Question / answer module, chat and survey allowing the Participating User to interact with the speakers and other Participating Users of the VivaTech event . As such, the Participating Users undertake to comply with the regulations applicable to personal data and to honor the obligations incumbent on them, in particular those of the “Personal data” article herein.
- Editing the Profile: Any Participating User can edit and complete their profile. At a minimum, the profile contains the data entered when registering for the VivaTech event : first name, last name, function, company, membership category to be chosen from a drop-down list, sector of activity, email, telephone number , civility, gender, nationality, country of residence, areas of interest. If desired, the Participating User can complete his Profile by providing the following information: photo, description, social networks, postal address.
- Networking: This feature makes it easier to make contact. It is enabled by default. The Participating User can activate or deactivate this feature at any time. By activating this feature, the Participating User can communicate additional information, namely their areas of interest. The activation of the Networking functionality results in the communication, via the Platform, of all the information of the Participating User Profile (except the email, telephone number, postal address) to all other Users. Participants who have also activated this feature.
The contact details (email and / or telephone number and / or postal address) will only be communicated if the Participating User accepts the other Participating User suggested by the Platform as a contact. The contact request can be declined. In the event of acceptance of the contact, the two Participating Users will have access to a messaging module to exchange, as well as a module for making appointments to meet during the Viva Technology event via an online video module.
If a Participating User is a member of an exhibiting company, the Participating User having accepted his contact, authorizes his information and contact details to be transmitted.
Activating Networking also allows the User to participate in speed meetings in order to meet random Users with similar interests.
Business meetings between the User and the partner are also starting to be available with the activation of Networking.
On each partner, startup, innovation or solution stand, the Participating User can:
- communicate with the exhibitor by messaging, he can if he wishes to share all his contact details with him
- make an appointment with him on an open niche, he will then share his personal information with him
- leave him his contact details in order to be contacted later
- join his networking room, a video space to exchange with the exhibitor and other User Participants, he can if he wishes to share all his contact details with the exhibitor only.
- Proposal of thematic routes and virtual tours to support visitors in their discovery of the Viva Technology event , its exhibitors and its innovations.
- Badge scan. The Platform makes it possible to scan the badges of any natural person carrying a Viva Technology full pass (giving access to the physical Event). The badge scan allows the recovery of the personal data of the badge holder, (last name, first name, function, company, category of pass , email, telephone, country, title, sector of activity, centers of interest - entered when registering for the Viva Technology event or when generating the badge via the Partners Area) in the Platform by the Participating User who used the scan function.
As such, the Participating Users undertake to comply with the regulations applicable to personal data and to honor the obligations incumbent on them, in particular those of the “Personal data” article herein.
- The bookmarking. The Participating User has a module allowing him to add the elements of the program that he wishes to attend and to edit his own personalized Viva Technology program . He can also bookmark the various exhibitors at VivaTech 2021 (Partners, Startups, Innovations & Solutions)
- Functionality of Serendipity. The Participating User has a “Surprise Me” module allowing him to randomly access content from the Platform: live and replay sessions, innovations and virtual showrooms.
3.2 Exhibitor Participating Users (i.e. Participating Users , employees of a company exhibiting at Viva Technology ) having the status of operational contact, will be able to access, in the Platform, an Exhibitor Area allowing management of rights of the personnel of the exhibiting company.
Upstream, a Participating User of the exhibiting company is identified as an operational contact by the teams of the exhibiting company, hereinafter the Participating User Exhibitor Administrator.
The Participating Exhibitor Administrator User is the only one able to administer the rights linked to the account of the exhibiting company on the Platform, namely:
- Define the staff of the exhibiting company who will be able to scan contacts on behalf of the exhibiting company;
- Define the staff members of the exhibiting company who will be able to obtain Administrator rights in the Platform.
- Retrieve all the scanned contacts on behalf of the exhibiting company;
- Retrieve all the appointments made by each member of the staff of the exhibiting company, via Networking, on behalf of the exhibiting company;
- Exported all the scanned contacts, as well as all the contacts having made an appointment with a staff member of the exhibiting company, on behalf of the exhibiting company.
The other Participating Users of the exhibiting company are simple exhibitor contacts and can:
- Scan badges on behalf of the exhibiting company and qualify the contacts of the badge holder via the form defined upstream by the User Participant Exhibitor Administrator;
- Organized meetings via the Networking module, for his personal account, or on behalf of his company. All the contacts of the meetings organized on behalf of the company are shared with the User Participant Exhibitor Administrator;
- Add contacts via Networking;
- Export contacts generated from networking whether or not they gave rise to an appointment.
- Accessibility to the Platform
The opening of access to the Platform is determined by VIVA TECHNOLOGY at its sole discretion according to the dates of the 2021 edition.
In this context, VIVA TECHNOLOGY strives to keep the Platform accessible during the event concerned, except in the event of force majeure or an event beyond the control of VIVA TECHNOLOGY. It does not guarantee the transfer rates and response times of information circulating from its server to the Internet. The communication protocols used are those in use on the Internet. As such, the user declares that he is well aware of the specificities of the Internet, its characteristics and its limits, and in particular the fact that the reliability of data transmissions on the Internet cannot be guaranteed, that the data circulate on heterogeneous networks. with variable characteristics and technical capacities, sometimes causing congestion and interruptions. It is up to the Participating User to ensure that his equipment allows him access, consultation and use of the Platform.
VIVA TECHNOLOGY cannot be held responsible for losses, alterations of data, loss of profit, turnover, opportunity, time or direct or indirect damage, attributable to malfunctions or interruptions of the network or due to data transmission errors on the Internet, hijacking or intrusion of third parties relating to data.
- Personal data
VIVA TECHNOLOGY collects personal data on Participating Users connecting to the Platform, in particular:
- The data entered when registering for a VivaTech 2021 event (First name, Last name, Company, Position, Pass category , Sector of activity, Title, Country, City, Interests, site of the investment fund, rental of the investment fund, category of the pass, day of the physical visit)
- The data completed on his profile by the Participating User (description, social networks, email and telephone number and / or postal address). These data are intended for Viva Technology for the use of the Platform and networking as well as for statistics on the uses of the Platform. In addition, this data is processed by the subcontractor of Viva Technology , owner of the Platform, having granted it a right of non-exclusive use on its Platform. The data is also intended for Participating Users whose invitation to contact has been accepted. In this regard, Viva Technology undertakes to comply with the obligations resulting from the amended law n ° 78-17 of 6 January 1978 relating to data processing, files and freedoms as well as Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the Parliament. European Union and the Council of April 27, 2016 (hereinafter , “GDPR”) and in particular to obtain the express consent of the Participating User if his data is likely to be transferred outside the EU. The Participating User proving his identity has a right of access, rectification, deletion, limitation and portability of data concerning him. These rights can be exercised free of charge by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to MSL France / Viva Technology - 30-34 rue du Chemin Vert 75011 PARI S. To find out more about the Data Protection Policy of VIVA TECHNOLOGY: https://vivatechnology.com/data-privacy/
- User responsibility
The User acknowledges that all information, data, texts, software, music, sounds, photographs, images, videos , documents, messages or any other material (hereinafter collectively referred to as "User Content") that they are carried to the knowledge of the public or transmitted privately via the Platform, are under its sole responsibility. The User acknowledges that he is solely responsible for the User Content that he displays, downloads, or transmits in any way whatsoever in the context of the use of the Platform and that he has all the rights and authorizations necessary for the distribution of the Content. User.
VIVA TECHNOLOGY does not exercise control over User Content and therefore does not guarantee the timeliness, lawfulness, integrity or quality of this User Content.
Thus, the User undertakes, in his use of the Platform, to respect the laws and regulations in force and not to infringe the rights of third parties or public order.
The User is therefore prohibited from disseminating, in particular and without this list being exhaustive:
- Obscene, indecent, defamatory, abusive, violent, racist content,
- Counterfeit content,
- Content that threatens the image of a third party,
- Content that is false, deceptive or proposes or promotes illicit, fraudulent or deceptive activities,
- Content harmful to the computer systems of third parties (such as viruses, worms, Trojan horses, etc.),
- And more generally content likely to infringe the rights of VIVA TECHNOLOGY or of third parties or to be prejudicial to VIVA TECHNOLOGY or to third parties, in any way and in any form whatsoever.
In any event, VIVA TECHNOLOGY can in no way be held responsible for User Content, in particular for the illegal nature of said User Content with regard to the regulations in force, error or omission in any User Content, any loss. or damage resulting from the use of any User Content displayed, in any way whatsoever in connection with the use of the Platform.
The User acknowledges taking full responsibility for the use and interpretation of the information made accessible by the Platform so that VIVA TECHNOLOGY cannot be held responsible for the use that the User freely decides to make of it. .
Participating Exhibitor Users are responsible for the use of personal data collected within the framework of the Platform. In this regard, the responsibility of Viva Technology can in no case be retained in the event of processing of personal data by the Participating Exhibitor User or by his employer the Exhibiting Company not complying with the obligations of the GDPR.
- Intellectual property rights
The systems, software , structures, infrastructures, databases and content of any kind (texts, images, visuals, music, documents, logos , brands, database, etc.) operated by VIVA TECHNOLOGY within the Platform, as well as the Platform itself , are protected by all intellectual property rights or database producer rights in force.
No provision of these "T & Cs" may be interpreted as conferring on the User any transfer of ownership of the Platform or its contents.
VIVA TECHNOLOGY only grants the User on the Platform a personal and private, non-exclusive, non-transferable and non- transferable license allowing him to use the functionalities of the Platform to reproduce and / or represent them. only on computer, tablet or smartphone for strictly personal and private purposes, for the duration of the Event and worldwide.
The User undertakes not to modify in any way the functionalities of the Platform with a view to obtaining unauthorized access to the functionalities.
All disassembly, decompilation, decryption, extractions, reuse, copies and more generally, any act of reproduction, representation, dissemination and use of the Platform or any of its elements, in whole or in part, without the express prior authorization of VIVA TECHNOLOGY is strictly prohibited and may be the subject of legal proceedings.
Violation of these mandatory provisions subjects the offender, and all responsible persons, to the penalties provided for by law. Apart from the aforementioned intellectual property rights, VIVA TECHNOLOGY has, in accordance with Article L. 112-3 of the Intellectual Property Code, rights over the database constituted by all Users.
In addition, the User authorizes VIVA TECHNOLOGY to use its User Content which may be protected by intellectual property rights according to the following terms:
- He consents to his User Content being distributed free of charge by VIVA TECHNOLOGY on the Platform,
- He consents to his User Content being distributed by VIVA TECHNOLOGY by any means and on any medium for the purposes of promoting the Platform,
- He accepts that his editorial User Content be translated into all languages,
- He acknowledges and accepts that his User Content may be subject to modifications, in particular as regards their framing, format and colors, as well as alterations or degradations in their quality, depending on the technical constraints of the Platform;
- He renounces to ask VIVA TECHNOLOGY for any remuneration, royalty, indemnity or financial compensation in this respect.
8.Sanction for breaches
In the event of breach of any of the provisions of the T & Cs, or more generally , of breach of laws and regulations by the User, VIVA TECHNOLOGY reserves the right to:
- Temporarily or definitively suspend, without delay, access to the Platform of the User who has committed the breach or offense, or who has participated in it,
- Delete any Content related to the breach or offense in question, in whole or in part,
- Delete the account of the User at fault,
- Take all appropriate measures and initiate any legal action,
- If necessary, notify the competent authorities, cooperate with them and provide them with all the information useful for the investigation and suppression of illegal or illicit activities.
In the event of the User's breach of an essential obligation arising from the T & Cs, or of repeated breach thereof, VIVA TECHNOLOGY reserves the right to terminate the User's access to all or part of the services, with immediate effect, by email. The termination takes effect automatically on the date of sending of the email addressed to the User in application of this clause. It automatically and without prior notice results in the deletion of the User's account, without prejudice to any damages and interest to which VIVA TECHNOLOGY could claim and other consequences that may be induced in application of these T & Cs.
- Miscellaneous provisions
The fact that one of the parties has not exercised any right or power in application of the provisions of the T & Cs, or of having exercised it late, may not be interpreted as a waiver of exercising all or part of this right or power, and any single or partial exercise of any right or power may not prevent a new implementation of this right or power.
9.2 Autonomy of provisions
If any of the provisions of the T & Cs were to be declared null or not applicable by reason of a law, a regulation or following a final decision rendered by a competent court, only this provision would be affected. nullity, the other provisions will retain all their force and scope.
For any information relating to the operation of the Platform, the User is invited to refer to the “General Conditions'' section accessible on the Platform. The User can also contact VIVA TECHNOLOGY customer service by email email@example.com or by post to the following address: Viva Technology 30-34 rue du Chemin Vert 75011 Paris.
In the event of difficulty in exercising rights relating to personal data or for any complaint concerning their processing, Users can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and also have the right to contact the CNIL.
9.4 Applicable law and attribution of jurisdiction
These T & Cs are subject to French law. In case of translation and contradiction with another language, only the French version will prevail. Any dispute relating to the interpretation and execution of these T & Cs, which cannot be settled amicably, will fall under the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts within the jurisdiction of the Paris Court of Appeal, unless mandatory procedural rules are otherwise.