Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes is France’s second most densely populated region with a population of over 7.8 million. It is Europe’s number one region for technology with a unique innovation-centric ecosystem:
• 1st region to fully deploy optic fibre (Internet/TV)
• A dynamic new business-oriented region with 32 accelerators and incubators, 6 of which have a quality label
• A recently opened Regional Digital Campus designed to:
• Offer innovative training tailored to business needs
• Support digital enterprises and facilitate the digital transition of the economy
Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes at Viva Technology
Auvergne-Rhône Alpes, Europe’s number one Tech region, is taking part in the Vivatech exhibition for the 3rd year running. It has a two-pronged objective:
• Highlight the talents, innovation and attractiveness of the region
• Encourage the creation of new start-ups and help them build a network
The 23 start-ups from the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes delegation who attended the event in 2017 were extremely positive and pleased to have participated in this leading exhibition.
New in 2018: the Region has joined the Vivatech gold partners club with a shared #Agritech #Foodtech Lab. These are vital subjects of growing importance which add to the appeal of the regional ecosystem.
The Tech Region will be showcasing its partners (Céréales Vallées, Terralia, Limagrain, clusters, the Bivouac incubator etc.) as well its traditional sectors and small and medium-sized businesses.
Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes's collaboration with startups
The Auvergne Rhône-Alpes Region has decided to make support for fledgling businesses a priority in its economic policy.
Together with its partners, it capitalizes on three main levers:
• Strong entrepreneurial drive with a focus on innovation, in particular French Tech
• A wide-ranging support programme for start-ups including attendance at top events such as the CES in Las Vegas, backing of the Big Booster international acceleration programme etc.
• Funding start-ups to encourage growth. In all, the Region provides financial support for around 300 start-ups from a variety of sectors.