Paris celebrates innovation during a whole month!
Paris, for years now, has played host to international events dedicated to innovation in all its forms. In order to celebrate and support our city’s innovative initiatives, the City of Paris has decided to create the Paris Tech Festival, taking place from the 4th of June to the 7th of July, for the first time this year.
The Paris Tech Festival is created in the context of deep commitment by the City of Paris to foster innovation. To back its ambition of setting itself as an international hub for innovation, the City of Paris has invested over one billion euros between 2008 and 2014 to create 100.000m2 of business incubator space while working to achieve its target of 100.000m2 more by 2024. Among them, the Cargo, located in the 19th arrondissement, is today the largest incubator in Europe and the soon-to-be-opened Station F in the 13th arrondissement will host a vast startup campus and an innovative maker space.
The Paris Tech festival will be the opportunity to align the six events listed below which constitute strategic highlights for the various actors of the Parisian innovation ecosystem. Revealing the increasing attractiveness of Paris, the festival will help reinforce collaborative dynamics and build bridges between complementary initiatives.
The events of the Paris Tech Festival:
- 4th of June: The Paris Drone Festival on the Champs-Elysées
- 8th – 10th of June: Futur en Seine at the Grande Halle de la Villette
- 9th – 11th of June: Maker Faire Paris at the Cité des Sciences et de l’Industrie
- 15th – 17th of June: Viva Technology at la Porte de Versailles
- 28th of June to the 2nd of July: Fashion Tech Festival at la Gaité Lyrique
- 5th – 7th of July: The Paris Ouishare Fest at the Magasins Généraux of Pantin