For the first edition of the next Europe Unicorn Awards, VivaTech searched the whole continent to find the most promising European scaleups tipped to become Europe's next unicorns. Alongside with VC partner Accel as well as media partners Les Echos and the Wall Street Journal, these partnerships allowed us to showcase Europe’s solid potential for scaleups, with 30 European scaleups having been selected as finalists at VivaTech. The Award had 1 overall Grand Prize as well as 6 category winners.
The 2019 Grand Prize was won by French scaleup OpenClassrooms for traction potential, impact and leadership.
Find out more about the winners here:
For this first edition of the Next European Unicorn Awards, VivaTech released a Top 30 of the European scaleups landscape including 5 categories:
- BtoB Small Business
- BtoB Enterprise
- Deep Tech
- Tech 4 Good
Among those 30 scaleups, 6 of them won category awards expressing the opinion that VivaTech believes in their high potential to qualify as future unicorns in a short period of time.
- Payfit, the tool to allow small and medium enterprises to pay their employees, won the BtoB Small Business Award.
- Snyk, a network security company that helps developers use open source code and stay secure, won the BtoB Entreprise Award.
- Vinted, the internet website and social app marketplace for pre-loved fashion, won the BtoC Award.
- Algolia, the search API that helps product builders create lightning-fast, highly relevant search to connect their users with what matters won
- the Deep Tech Award.
- Olio, a solution that helps curating the best of what a city has to offer through machine learning algorithms and OpenClassrooms, the platform of online courses won the Tech 4 Good Awards ex aecquo. Among those category winners, OpenClassRooms received the Grand Prize.